Business cards are one of the best ways to endorse your business in the physical world. These cards work as a mini portfolio that displays our skills and help build our brand name. If you’re planning to design a business card for yourself, make sure to put same efforts in designing your business card as you put while designing a website.
How To Design Business Cards?
Do you know, a well-built business card offers legitimacy to your business, and can help you to stand out from the crowd? Here is a list of few tips that can help you to make a long lasting impression:
The standard size of business cards, either horizontal or vertical layout is 2″ x 3.5″. Horizontal layout offers a traditional look. Many companies are now choosing vertical layouts.
2) Material and Effects
Most of the business cards are printed on cardstock paper. These paper comes in variety of weights, colors, and textures.
- Weight – Card stock is any paper with weight 50 – 110lbs. It is also known as mils or points, thickness of the sheet in thousands of an inch.
- Paper Texture – You can choose any paper texture for yousiness card – rough orth, glossy or matte, or anywhere in between.
- Paper Color – Most of the business cards are prepared in cream or white color. But you can use any r for your business
- Coatings – Many of the businesses don’t bother about coating, but you may use UV protective coating or water resistant coating. These coatingsrease the durabilf your card –eases the cost. Have you ever touched a silk laminated business card? Once you do, you’ll never forget it, and the person who handed it to you!
- Materials – Most of the business cards are printed on paper, but specialty of other materials such as plastic, wood and other metals are increasing day by day.
- Embossing – You can also opt for embossed cards. In embossing, heat and pressure is applied to raise area on a piece of cardstock. It is done without using ink to the raised parts. Common things embossed on business cards are – logo, monogram or other images.
- Embellishments –You can also use virtual embellishments on your cards depending on your budget.
3) Color and Styles
Now that you’ve an idea about what type of business card you want for yourself. It’s time to choose a color and style for your business card!
Colors have a great impact on the type of printing process you can use, as well as the cost of your printed piece.
For offset and digital printing, a 4-color printing process is used commonly. Choosing a single-color for your business card use to be able to help you save your money. However, OutBoost Media has partnered with some of the largest presses in the country to provide enterprise grade full color (4C) printing at dramatically reduced prices. Before you think one or two color, get a quote from us, and you’ll be amazed at what’s possible!
You may still want to stick with one or two-color business cards if:
- If your website is simple, prefer to design a minimalist card. Pay close attention to fonts and color rather than focusing on images and embellishments.
- If your style is more artistic or extravagant, reflect that in your card by choosing four-color printing process.
Experiment with some card styles and designs, and then get estimates for it. These can cost you from a few cents each (or less) to well over a dollar or more.
4) Information To Include
Most of the cards include your name, your organization name, your profession, and your basic information such as email id, phone number, and website address. The other information that you can add to your business cards are:
- A tagline or slogan
- Twitter username
- Street address
- Professional certifications or memberships etc.
5) Printing Methods
There are a variety of printing methods available for printing business cards. One of the most common processes for commercial printing is known as offset. The method used to print business cards is known as digital printing method. If you want to have a high-end look then go for letterpress.
15 Minimalistic And Inspiring Business Card Design Examples
1) I Love Typography
It is one of the popular blog associated to fonts, typography, lettering, and type design etc. It is one of the best minimalistic card. A light and beautiful typography is used to print this business card.
2) Stephen De Wolf
It’s a beautiful and simple card. One side of the card is black and the other is white. A green line connects both the sides making it trendy and eye-catching.
Go for elegance. Black cards with bold and white text always look classy.The texture makes the card unique and intriguing.
4) Empowering Performance
Beautiful engraved typography makes this card looks amazing. Blue color offers professional look to these cards.
5) StavGerts – Photographer
From this card you can easily tell the profession of the card’s owner. The lens view is perfectly printed on the card for a unique look.
6) 19 Marks
Nineteen marks card is of vertical layout. One side of card is orange in color making it catchy.
7) Sweet Breaker
It’s a nice card. Rounded corner grabs more attention. Font style is unique, making the card easily understandable.
8) Seasonal Nutritional
Image on card right away reflects that it’s a card of a nutritional expert or a dietician. Typography is done very well. The ‘’O’’ symbol represents a connection between the both sides of the card and its logo.
Font style used perfectly to grab attention. Black and white colors are blended well.
10) Garage Culture
Garage Culture business card is perfect example of use of rough and heavyweight artisanal cotton paper stock. The typography makes it unique.
11) Le Balene
It’s a logo for an Italian communication agency, Le Balene. The card design and the idea is quite genius. Moreover, a set of stamps and colored inks allow customization.
12) The Fox Yard Company
It is a great example of 3D embossed card. The complete focus is on the text. The quirky texture background makes it more attractive to the customers.
13) Mia parcel
This beautiful business card is made on Fluoro White Crane Lettra stock. A two color, double sided business card is quite impressive.
14) Lucky Cat Acupuncture
This playful business card had a little bit of an anime style with some whimsy. The business card is quite attractive and intriguing.
15) Dot Design
Two colors and die cut shape is used to print these cards. The elements on both sides of card are placed carefully to avoid any overlapping. Distinct shape of the card, make it one of our favorites.
What do you think of our collection? If you have seen or know more minimalistic business card designs, share with us in the comments below.