Social media marketing and SEO, both are organic traffic building strategies that are closely intertwined. Both the strategies work on developing an identity that attracts visitors. Social media is all about sharing good quality content to maintain a strong web presence and attract target audience. This can further help in generating leads and driving quality traffic to your website.
Let’s see how increased social media attention can improve your SEO.
1. Social media increases engagement – When you think of social media, only Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, LinkedIn, and Instagram comes to your mind. Social media is all about user engagement, no matter what you follow. Social media channels act as broadcasting channels that promote valuable content. Promoting content on social networks increase user engagement. It allows you to target your audience and connect with them. Social media transforms your brand from a “nobody” state to a “well-known” business entity. An Increase in online presence, increases brand awareness, which further augments search engine rankings. Make sure to post relevant and valuable content on your social media network and on regular basis.
2. Social media increases brand awareness – Sharing high quality content engages wide audiences which in turn enhances brand’s reputation. This reputation generates and augments online presence of a business. The increased online presence will lead to more searches in search engines which will help the brand keyword rank higher is SERPs.
3. Social media increases website traffic –Social media allows you to share your valuable website content along with the URLs. You can also share the content with your community members. It will help you build good relations with your audience and varied groups/communities. Share content within local communities to bring more user-engagement. Share pictures, videos and updates about your brand to increase your business visibility. Engage more with your audience and other brands that compliment your products and services. Sharing posts, blogs, and having discussions, with other complementing brands will help you attract their followers as well.
4. Social media is a social signal –Sharing good content on your social channels will help you get more shares, likes and tweets. It might help you get external links from various websites or bloggers as well. Social signals, including shares, likes, tweets, pins, or views on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media sites allow Google to see your brand’s reach. The more social signals you’ve on your social network, the more Google will boost your website rankings in SERPs.
5. Social media increases domain authority – Social media is the best platform to increase the reach of your brand and get exposure for your website/business. The increase in reach can drive immense traffic to your website and if your site contains quality content, then the chances of your content being re-shared, re-blogged and referenced on other sites, increases as well. Thus, getting you important backlinks. These backlinks are vital to improve your domain authority.
The efforts you make on social front can improve your website reach incredibly and rank you high on search engines results. So, start putting efforts on your social media campaign and hire a professional social media marketing company in New York to help you grow your business.